The Family Center at Community Connections of Brockton
WHO WE ARE
The Family Center is an initiative of Community Connections of Brockton. It is a program of the United Way of Greater Plymouth County, supported by funding from Department of Children and Families (DCF), has a partnership with Brockton’s Promise.
WHAT WE DO
We work to connect families in need with the neighborhood-based resources and networks of support that will help foster strength within the family. All of our services at the Family Center are at NO COST or eligibility requirements to families and we welcome all families.
WHAT WE OFFER
Our goal is to support families to strengthen their bonds, connect to others, and engage in their community. The following are some of the ways our staff can help facilitate:
– We value and strengthen parenting skills
– Link families to community & provide formal supports
– Help children develop social and emotional skills
– Provide diversionary services to children & families requiring assistance
– Immigration Consultation & Life Skills Workshops
– Fun family events & promote free & affordable events.
– Respond to family crisis & offer support groups.
Hurricane Evacuees from Puerto Rico
The Family Center can help evacuee families get connected to needed resources. If you or someone you know is in need assistance we have community resource specialists and a case manager trained to assist with disaster relief. Click here to access the resources.
Examples of support we can provide:
– Applying or checking the status of FEMA benefits
– Accessing health insurance
– Medical Care
– Navigating Housing Options
– School Registration
– Career/ Job / Educational supports.
*Click here to check-out our February Calendar.
*Click to read the Brockton Public School NEW Kindergarten age policy.